The Ministry of ICT and National Guidance has allocated funds for Support of ICT Innovation Hubs under the National ICT Initiatives Support Programme (NIISP). The overall goal of NIISP is to create a sustainable ecosystem for ICT innovations and to support ICT Innovators and Application Developers.
The Ministry now invites eligible ICT innovation hubs to submit their applications for support under the NIISP program. Applications should be sent to the PDU at the Ministry of ICT and National Guidance or sent by email to Julius.Kitiinisa@ict.go.ug. The deadline for applications is 10th March 2018.
Interested Innovation Hubs should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess requirements to qualify for support under the agreed criteria.
The eligibility criteria include:
- The ICT Innovation Hub should be Ugandan owned and operating in Uganda
- The ICT Innovation Hub should have been in existence for three (3) years
- The ICT Innovation Hub must be able to meet national and international standards
- The ICT Innovation Hub should have developed long and short-term sustainability model and feasible strategic plan
- The ICT Innovation Hub should have a track record of serving ICT Innovators and Application developers with demonstrable projects which have reached the market
Interested eligible ICT Innovation Hubs may obtain further information at the address given below from (0900 to 1700 hours). Detailed Terms of reference can be downloaded below
Programme Management Unit – NIISP
Ministry of Information, Communications Technology & National Guidance
ICT House Parliamentary Avenue